VP, Social Media, USA & Syfy at NBCUniversal
New York, New York | posted: March 3, 2017
|VP, Social Media, USA & Syfy|
|NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.|
• Manage relationship with external digital agencies and partners to consistently provide best-in-class strategic recommendations, content, and first-to-market media opportunities to position USA and Syfy as a social leader to both consumers and advertisers alike.
• Oversee team that executes community management and effectively translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy.
• Regularly assess social media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies in process.
• Oversee social audience development campaigns for USA and Syfy properties, ensuring both paid and organic traffic growth.
• Lead strategic partnerships in the social space from identification of relevant partners through oversight of the execution of these programs.
• Develop and pitch social-first monetization opportunities in tandem with Ad Sales group to create revenue opportunities that support multiplatform deals. Present and evangelize social product offerings to sales team and potential sponsors as needed.
• Track and report metrics and trends with strategic analysis and recommendations.
• Support team as they work across departments (creative, digital, press and research in particular) to gather digital assets and make sure messaging is consistent irrespective of platforms.
• Work in tandem with press to disseminate key messages to our followers and foster relationships with talent and showrunners as appropriate.
• Align with the research team and provide regular and timely reporting regarding viewer sentiment and chatter in the digital ether, as well as general trends germane to our business.
• Represent USA and Syfy as social expert in a larger corporate context such as Digital Marketing Council.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 12 years experience in digital media marketing with experience in the social media space
• Deep knowledge of primary social platforms (i.e. Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and new and emerging technologies and their benefits to businesses, particularly entertainment
• Must have demonstrated experience in strategy development and delivery Eligibility Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• A good writer and impeccable social skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment/under tight deadlines and managing third party agencies
• Ability to propose and initiate creative solutions
• Candidate should have a highly collaborative approach to success internally and with external partners
• Competitive spirit that drives a constant desire to innovate and iterate in a fast moving space to keep USA and Syfy ahead of the curve
• Must possess a strong external focus on social media in the marketplace and emerging platforms/tech/strategies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in cross-functional teams and flexibility to change
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong organizational and analytical skills; self starter; show initiative
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and personalities, internal and external, in order to reach marketing goals and objectives
• Passion for Science Fiction genre preferred