Manager, Web Development – Retail Business Services at Delhaize / Food Lion
Salisbury, NC | posted: February 12, 2017
Provides leadership and direction for all activities of the Web Development / Java Center of Excellence Team, including the establishment and execution of the standards. Develops and maintains plans for each associate for technical skills training, career development, application knowledge, resource planning and performance management. Provides input to the Business Relationship Management function and technical support to the functional business areas assigned within the IT organization. Implements technology strategies and IT solutions as identified by business and IT leadership that support the IT business strategies. Responsible for ensuring project gating process is met for all team projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains plans for all team members relative to professional skills training, career development, resource planning and performance management.
• Implements and supports technology solutions that have been chosen to support and enable the IT business strategies.
• Provides technical expertise and subject matter expertise for assigned technology solutions and business processes. Looks for opportunities to align multiple business partner needs into a single process/project as warranted.
• Works with IT peers and business partners to ensure strategy aligns to technology considerations.
• Partners with the Business Relationship Manager role to ensure business objectives are met.
• Oversees the effectiveness of vendor partner relationships.
• Monitors the effectiveness of third level support and insures that service levels are met for all technology solutions assigned.
• Ensures that, as the IT Service Provider, we are satisfying the business needs of the customers.
• Collaborates with Management, colleagues, key business contacts and vendors to ensure projects and initiatives are properly prioritized and delivered on time and within budget.
• Serves as third level support in the on-call rotation.
• Participates and contributes in the Capital and Expense budgeting process and meets all financial obligations.
• Provides oversight and holds team members accountable for following all compliance, methodology and process standards such as SDLC, Change Management and IT Security policies.
• Emulates and supports all aspects of the IT vision and mission statement.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field is required.
• Expertise in any (or all) of the popular Java Frameworks like Spring, hibernate and web services ( REST / SOAP)
• Experience developing technology roadmap, development best practice and represent team in architecture review sessions.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in software development lifecycle, business processes, requirements gathering, design, configuration, testing of systems and release management
• Minimum of 3 years of staff management. Proven solid leadership skills.
• Project management experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced degree.
• Project Management Professional certification.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proven capabilities in coaching and skill mentoring
• Analytical and persuasive skills. Excellent communication (oral and written).